There are however existing binding regulations and directives of the Common European Asylum System for Member States to respect, Europe’s response must be one of solidarity, promoting and respecting human rights and dignity.
In La Valletta Plan, the EU and its Member States signed a commitment to guarantee safe and regular pathways for refugees that seek protection. Therefore, the EU should provide more options for regular migration of both high and low skilled workers in accordance to the negotiations that are underway in the UN Global Compact on Migration.
CONCORD Europe: we are the European confederation of Relief and Development NGOs, made up of 28 national associations, 21 international networks and 3 associate members that represent over 2.600 NGOs, supported by millions of citizens across Europe.
By focusing on one of the main EU financial instruments for migration, the CONCORD report “Partnership or Conditionality?”analyses the EU Trust Fund for Africa and more specifically its implementation in 3 key partner countries: Libya, Niger and Ethiopia.
- Statement by CONCORD EU and CONCORD IT on SAR – July 2017
 THE REFUGEE CONVENTION, 1951 art. 33
- International Convention for the Safety of Life at Sea, 1974
- SAR Convention, 1979 INTERNATIONAL CONVENTION ON MARITIME SEARCH AND RESCUE, 1979
- The European Convention on Human Rights(ECHR) (formally the Convention for the Protection of Human Rights and Fundamental Freedoms) art. 2, 3
- Protocol No.4 to the Convention for the Protection of Human Rights and Fundamental Freedoms) art 4
- Regulation (EU) No 656/2014 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 15 May 2014 establishing rules for the surveillance of the external sea borders in the context of operational cooperation coordinated by the European Agency for the Management of Operational Cooperation at the External Borders of the Member States of the European Union