The European Women’s Lobby, WIDE and Concord Gender Working Group joint position called on the European Union to integrate gender equality and women’s rights into the priorities of the next EU Multi-financial Framework by incorporating a set of recommendations.
The main recommendations on gender equality are:
- Provide adequate and predictable funding for women’s rights and gender equality through specific programmes/budget lines under all policies
- Assess the gender impact of the proposed spending priorities, sources of revenue, and governance tools
- Include a commitment to gender-responsive budgeting to ensure gender mainstreaming
- Ensure gender mainstreaming is a requirement in the founding regulations of all the EU’s financing programmes
- Make EU funding more accessible to CSOs at national and European levels along with in neighbouring and developing countries.