The International Framework is accompanied by this Companion Toolkit which provides guidance on how to put the Principles into practice for civil society organisations. They can continue putting the principles into practice, capitalising on the global momentum to improve their effectiveness as development actors.
Because working on development effectiveness has to be a continuous process, the guidance and resources of this toolkit are useful for:
- Challenging unproductive thinking and hidden biases within your CSO
- Reviewing existing strategies
- Identifying new objectives for development effectiveness in your CSO
- Evaluating the internal operations of your CSO in light of the Principles
- Getting new ideas and information for planning, implementing, monitoring and evaluating development work