The purpose of this note is to deepen the debate of the place of NGOs in European Development policy with accurate funding figures from 2004-2008.
- More transparent, precise and detailed financial report on humanitarian and development aid to be published every year
- More resources for long-term development actions, and not at the expense of humanitarian aid
- Analyse and assess the impact of the Deconcentration on EC External Aid
- Funding for CSOs should be made available in order to promote aid effectiveness and ensure that there are no gaps in aid delivery
- Reflect on the place of CSOs in New Aid Modalities
- Base future aid delivery mechanisms upon the analysis of the recommendations from reviews of the current instruments
- Be aware of the need for a stable legal framework for budget implementation at the level of the Union Delegations