CONCORD strongly endorsed the EU Food Security Policy Framework, and believes that full implementation of all elements of the policy will make a significant contribution to building a more food secure world for all.
- Support a rights-based approach to food and nutrition security and ensure Policy Coherence for Development
- Support small-scale food producers by strengthening their resource rights, supporting agro-ecological approches and improving their access to local and regional markets.
- Ensure a nutrition senstitive approach to interventions that impact on food security, boost community resilience and focus on Disaster Risk Reduction.
- Provide support for the implementation of the Voluntary Guidelines on the Responsible Governance of Tenure of Land, Fisheries and Forests, in the Context of National Food Security
- Mainstream gender in food security interventions and target activities specifically to benefit rural women
- Robustly and transparently assess the involvement of the private sector, ensure coherence with CFS guidelines and support positive investment in local private companies and producer organisations
- Set the standard for donor coordination in the field of food security