CONCORD’s response to the European Commission’s 2013 Development Education and Awareness Raising Call.
The key messages from the report:
- CONCORD insists that the thematic focus must be based on the right of initiative by CSOs.
- CONCORD insists that the selection criteria to determine impact must be based on the quality and the participative and pedagogical approach of projects rather than financial size and geographical reach.
- CONCORD calls for the removal of the minimum budget of 3 million euro per project.
- CONCORD requests that the requirement to cover 15 countries is removed and that all projects are assessed on their impact, either within target countries and sectors or their European wide impact.
- CONCORD believes that it is essential that a second stakeholder cooperation meeting is convened by the European Commission in the next week to finalise the call.