CONCORD: CONfederation for COoperation of Relief and Development NGOs
CONCORD is the European confederation of Relief and Development NGOs. We are made up of member organisations: 28 national associations, 20 international networks and 3 associate members that represent over 2,600 NGOs, supported by millions of citizens across Europe.
We focus on a wide range of issues concerning EU Development Policy such as:
- Financing for Development
- EU External Action
- EU policies which affect development: food security, tax justice, trade and energy amongst others.
- Funding for civil society organisations & NGO space
Our vision is of a world in which poverty and inequality have been ended; in which decisions are based on social justice, gender equality and upon our responsibility to future generations; where every person has the right to live in dignity, on an equal basis, free from poverty and sustainability.
Looking for some photos of CONCORD or EU developmeny policy?
Check out our photo gallery on our social & new media channels:
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/concordeurope
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/concord_europe
- Youtube: https://plus.google.com/+concordngoeurope/videos
- Storify: https://storify.com/concord_europe/
We encourage media professionals to consider our Code of Conduct on images and messages.
We work to ensure that:
- The EU and member states are fully committed to and implement comprehensive and coherent policies towards the developing world that are based on the principles of solidarity, human rights, justice and democracy, and which aim to address the causes of poverty and conflict and promote sustainable economic and social development.
- The European NGDO movement is active and fully engaged in promoting EU policies that have a positive impact on developing countries and have the capacity to influence the direction of these policies.
- The role of the NGDOs is valued and protected as an authentic voice of European civil society that is engaged in issues of development and global justice.
A member-led confederation, CONCORD aims to strengthen the impact of European development NGOs vis-à-vis the European Institutions. Find our main working structures and activities HERE.
Director & Board
To ensure proper leadership, we empowered the Director Seamus Jeffreson and the Board to take decisions and consult as appropriate, and consolidate means of holding them to account.
PRESIDENT : Johannes Trimmel, Director of international programme support and policies in the organization “Light of the World Europe” (Board member of the Austrian Platform).
“We need every single person here in Europe, in our partner countries and in developing countries to stand up to change the system in order to effectively fight poverty and inequality,”
Over the years, we have done several media stunts with the ones of our AidWatch working group standing out.
Feel free to browse through our Image Gallery.
CONCORD Secretariat aisbl
10 Rue de l’Industrie
Tel: +32 2 743 87 60
Fax: +32 2 732 19 34