1 July 2014
Italy has taken over the EU presidency for the next six months.
— CONCORD (@CONCORD_Europe) June 30, 2014
CONCORD Italia, our national development NGO platform in Italy, has launched the project «More and Better Europe: Ensuring Italian contribution to enhance EU role as a global and consistent player on sustainable development issues».
The project aims to ensure that the EU will deliver a better EU framework to combat global poverty and inequality, to influence Italian and EU decision makers towards the adoption of a progressive EU position on the Post 2015, to strengthen the effectiveness, impact and cohesion of the Italian CSOs, while increasing awareness and support of Italian public opinion for a proactive Italian role in the EU development agenda.
Food Security, Agenda Post-2015, Policy Coherence for Development, Migration and Development and Public-Private Partnership are the Project´s main priorities.
A variety of advocacy, capacity building and local public engagement events will take place throughout the Italian Presidency:
- Feeding the Planet through democracy and diversity
International Conference on the right to food in collaboration with Expo dei Popoli
14 July– Florence
- For a New Narrative on Development: a perspective from Southern Europe on the Euro-Med area
Presentation of the Position paper document jointly prepared with Greek Platform and others CONCORD Southern Platforms
15 July– Florence
- Towards UNGA : the role of Italy and Europe in strengthening the Post 2015 process
National Consultation in collaboration with the Italian Ministry forForeign Affairs and GCAP Italia
9 September– Rome
- Beyond Lampedusa: the need of a new Euro-Mediterranean joint policy on migrations, asylum and joint development
Conference on migration and development cooperation
3 October – Lampedusa
- The importance of family farming for food security
Public Seminar/o Salone del Gusto Terra Madre 2014
23-27 October– Turin
- European Lobby Tour with MEP
November – Bruxelles
- EU between Food Security Policies and the promotion of the private sector in agriculture: which kind of investments for family farming?
Conference on PCD in Food Security policies
November – Rome
- Semester closure event and launch of the European Year of Development
January – Rome
- 10 CAPACITY BUILDING Events
Seminars, workshops, conferences on project priorities
- 12 LOCAL PUBLIC ENGAGEMENT Events
All the activities will be organized by project’s partner and associate organizations
(Oxfam Italia, Focsiv, ARCI-ARCS, GVC, CIPSI, Action Aid, Expo dei Popoli, Forum III Settore ,LegAmbiente, Slow Food, Terranuova, GCAP Italia)
Read the full presentation of the Project HERE.