CONCORD is seeking a consultant to prepare a publication on Global Citizenship Education (GCE) Study of investment in GCE across member states by national governments between 2011 and 2015. CONCORD’s Hub 4 (Global Citizenship Education and People’s Engagement working structure) is looking to work with a researcher in mid to late 2017 to capture the level of investment in Global Citizenship Education by National Governments across all EU member states plus Norway between the years 2011 and 2015. This study will primarily be a quantitative analysis of the primary sources of investment by national governments directed at NGOs. However, there will also be a qualitative narrative, which focuses on some of the differences in contexts and language.
CONCORD is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. All employment decisions are made entirely on merit. We strongly encourage persons with disabilities to apply.
Aims and objectives of the publication
Hub 4 recognises that some of the language used in DE watch has been updated and revised. We also appreciate that different countries will refer to GCE as Development Education, Global Education or Global Learning. This study will assume that those areas of endeavour are close enough in terms of frames and values to assume that they are GCE. We would like the research to use the term GCE throughout this study, which is in line with UNESCO. According to UNESCO, Global Citizenship Education (GCED) aims to empower learners to assume active roles to face and resolve global challenges and to become proactive contributors to a more peaceful, tolerant, inclusive and secure world.
- A final written report will be made available in December 2017.
- An interim report will be made available to the steering group of Hub 4 in October 2017.
- A presentation of the findings and elaboration of a draft advocacy strategy (at EU and national level) at CONCORD Hub 4 meeting – taking place on 7 November) would also be expected.
Skills and Qualifications
The consultant is expected to have:
- Experience in working for or understanding of NGOs/education (formal/non formal) environment
- Significant understanding of the EU Development Cooperation and Global Citizenship Education issues (EU and UN level)
- Very good understanding and knowledge of Global Citizenship Education / Global Education / Development Education; awareness raising and in EU member states
- Experience of policy analysis, report writing and political communication, incl. ability to clearly formulate key recommendations
- Experience in quantitative and qualitative research
- Excellent English writing and editing skills; ability to write about complex issues in an engaging way
Interested? Apply Now!
Please send the following elements:
- a CV outlining your relevance expertise for this assignment
- a proposal (max. one A4 page) on how you will undertake this research, including a suggested number of days and their distribution between the different tasks and phases of the work, as well as your daily rate
- Send your application to email@example.com by 23rd June 2017
- Please include the position (CONCORD – GCE consultant) plus your name in the subject of the email.