We are looking for a person who is keen to lead a team of committed administrative professionals responsible for ensuring that CONCORD’s financial, administrative and human resources are managed effectively and that our organisation continues to develop in a spirit of mutual support and solidarity. This role is key in overseeing and implementing our resources successfully, in line with all our statutory and social obligations and in keeping with our vision of a world in which poverty and inequality have been ended and decisions are based on social justice, gender equality and upon our responsibility to future generations. Your rigorous dedication to CONCORD’s accountability in compliance with the relevant funding rules and accounting principles will be critical as will your knowledge of Belgian legislation to manage all human resources related issues for a dynamic team of 14 permanent staff.
You will have
- Substantial experience in leading a team responsible for an organisation’s finances, administrative and human resources,
- A keen desire to motivate people to perform to the best of their possibilities, in an environment of harmony and serenity, encouraging professional growth, discovery and development;
- Excellent budget oversight skills with a proven track record of monitoring and reporting on grants and/or public funding;
- Knowledge of current EC grant management;
- Understanding of accounting and of book-keeping in a Belgian organization;
- Understanding of HR management and familiarity with relevant Belgian legistlation;
- Rigorous organsiational skills, with an interest in developing and improving methodological and construcitve ways of working;
- Excellent communication skills with a good command of English and French
- A committment to CONCORD’s accountability and to the effective use of our resources.
Main responsibilities and tasks
To lead and support the Finance and Resources team currently comprising a Finance Coordinator, an Accountant and HR Officer and an Events and Procurement Officer. You will identify objectives on both a weekly and monthly basis, ensure clear and appropriate divisions of labour, ensure work loads are manageable, and that the team’s ways of working are effective and, where necessary, improved upon. You will also support the work and wellbeing of each team member so that they can carry out their job to high standards and continue learning and developing professionally.
This may also include the hiring of consultants for areas of work that need to be contracted out.
With the team you will be responsible for:
- Budget and Grant management
- Human resources management
- Office management
- IT infrastructure
- Organisational development
Conditions of Employment
Post based in Brussels, Belgium
100% fixed term contract for 8 months
Reporting to Director
Grade – Department Head
Gross salary, depending on experience, will be from € 3700 – 5600 per month (13.8 months a year). CONCORD also provides hospitalisation insurance, meal vouchers and a monthly commuting allowance on local public transport or by bicycle.
Please submit your one page cover letter and CV by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight CET on Monday 11 September. Please include the position (CONCORD – Head of Resources) plus your name in the subject of the email.
- Closing Date: 11 September 2017 midnight CET
- Interviews dates: 21 & 22 September 2017
- Aimed start date: 15 October 2017
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.